Who we are
As a Data Controller we need to be clear to you about who we are.
- Our Company name is Universal AV Ltd
- Our Registered address is: Universal Live ltd, Horizon House, Longcroft, Keighley. BD21 5AL
- Our nominated Data Protection representative is our HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Technical Data – information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- Personal Data –There several ways in which you may share your personal data with us, for example, you may make an enquiry via our website, post on social media sites that we run, or contact us in connection with services that you would like to buy from us. The personal data that you provide to us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, job role and employer and any other information you choose to provide to us.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your data used?
We use your collected personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your enquiries and keep a record of our communications with you.
- To send you our newsletter if you sign up for it, and to send you other material about our services that we think might interest you.
- We send that material by email if you have consented to receive email marketing from us.
- To help us understand our clients and potential clients, and the effectiveness of our advertising, so that we can plan and deliver effective campaigns to develop our business.
- To understand how people use our website, so that we can design the website to suit our users. As part of our efforts to keep our website secure.
Who we share your personal information with:
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
Retaining and deleting personal data
We will retain your personal information on our systems only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law. We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list, we may keep certain limited information about you so that we may honour your request.
Your rights in relation to your Personal Information
You may have certain rights under data protection law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).